The keyboard wedge emulator receives data from DBS-55 portable barcode scanner and posts it in any input field of foreground application running on your Android device.
- Requires Android OS 2.1 or Higher.
- Barcode prefix and suffix.
- Post control characters (carriage return and tabulation).
- Connect and disconnect notifications.
- Integrated with Android's native extensible input method framework for use across the entire system.
- Barcode prefix and suffix: Ability to insert additional text content before and/or after the scanned barcode data.
- Additional control characters: Configuration to post additional control characters after the barcode data (i.e carriage return and tabulation).
- Connect and disconnect notifications: A notification status bar icon shows when the scanner device is connected/disconnected to Android.
After successful installation go to Settings->Language and input (or similar) and check BarcodeWedge. Then, when you need a scanner you must choose it as the input method into the application.