Cal-a-day is an app that allows you to calculate and track the amount of energy that your body needs on a daily basis:
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) – The amount of daily energy required to maintain normal function of your body at rest.
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) – The amount of energy your body needs to meet the daily physical requirements, or in other words, the energy essential to maintain your current weight.
The TDEE is a very important value for designing a program to control your weight:
- If your goal is to maintain your weight, you need to consume the same amount of energy as your TDEE;
- If your goal is to lose weight, you will need to consume less energy than your TDEE;
- If your goal is to gain weight, you will need to consume more energy than your TDEE.
- Supports different height units (centimeters, inches and feet)
- Supports different weight units (kilograms, pounds and stones)
- Supports different energy units (calories, joules)
- Supports different BMR equations: Harrison-Benedict, Mifflin-St Jeor (based on gender, age, height and weight) and Katch-McCardle (based on lean body mass)
- Multi-language (English and Portuguese)
- Send your results by text message or email
- Track your data and results
- Instant feedback when you set your data