Detroit (/diˈtrɔɪt/), the largest city in the state of Michigan, and Motor City USA, was founded on July 24, 1701, by the French explorer, adventurer, and nobleman Antoine de la Mothe, sieur de Cadillac. Its name originates from the French word détroit ([detʁwa]) for strait, in reference to its location on the river connecting the Great Lakes. Currently, the city has a population of about 713,700 and is ranked the 18th most populous city in the United States.
This colorful and comprehensive tourist guide to Detroit makes exploring the tourist attractions of this great American city easy and fun.
- A map with easy access to all major attractions and your current location
- Comprehensive information about every attraction
- More than 300 photos
- Easy access to the web sites of all city attractions
- Exact prices, opening hours, and other practical information
New in v3.5:
- Fixed broken link in the city guides app wall.
- Increased default zoom factor of the map