Version 1.2 (New voice cues, improved music support with pauses, coded vibrator alerts, Turn-for-home notification).
Version 1.1 (Improved locked screen support, runs fine when screen is locked).
Ease to 10K is a neat little app that is designed to help seasoned runners up their game so that they can run 10km at a go.
Like other apps in this collection, it's a clever system fashioned to help you progress while avoiding strain on your body. The workout sessions in this program alternate between bouts of walking and running to get you acclimatized to running longer stretches and slowly gain stamina and endurance. Ten weeks in and you will be running 10km (that's' a mite more than 6 miles) flat out!
What this app does for you -
* Coaches you on when to run, walk, warm-up or cool-down (using voice prompts, large onscreen icons, or pulse coded vibrator alerts).
* Feature a large 'time remaining' countdown timer to help keep you motivated - so can tell yourself its only so far to go.
* Tells you when it is time to turn around and head for home (with voice cue and a turn home icon on screen)
* Keeps track of what workouts you finished and when so it can tell you when you need to run next.
* Keeps a log of your workout history with this app.
* If you get a call and you have to leave the program it can start off right where you left off.
Help you rediscover the pure joy of running - remember when you were six and wanted to run everywhere?
You can find more information on this app at http://goo.gl/tIBGy
If you like this app, there are a few more in this series that might interest you - Vimukti's Couch to 5K, Bridge to 10K, Couch to 10K. Look out for them on the Market place!