Welcome to the Great Poets series of mobile applications!
In this series, we provide you with applications that catalog most of the world's great English-language poetry from the past several hundred years.
This application, Great Poets Volume 2, organizes poetry according to the last name of the author, and includes only poets whose names start with K - Z. Only poems are included where the copyright has long expired (the author is known to be long dead, and the poem content is now in the public domain).
The poems in this app range every subject, with the ability to rate poems, edit poem content, add comments, view the poems that you've added, add/edit/move categories, and more!
Maybe we can't all write like Shakespeare, but at least now you'll have a large database of great poetry at your disposal for those moments when you just need a romantic verse quickly. Consider those times when you're just about to meet your date and forgot to write something in the card, or when you're about to give that speech at a wedding and need to insert a bit of verse.
All poems are believed to be G-rated and suitable for children. This is a database of the world's classic poetry and verse, so any vulgar references are in a literary context only.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all poems. The top 100 poems are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field. The search engine searches both the poem title and content fields.
- Add/edit/remove poems, and access poems you added using My Poems. You can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own poems. You'll never again have one of those moments when you "just can't seem to remember that poem" that you loved.
- Rate poems on a 5-star system. Once rated, the poem is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite poems, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen. Think of this as the best of the best.
- E-mail any poem to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your poems, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any poem in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- "View All" poems for access to every poem in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of poems.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one poem to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the poems database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the poem. For example, you may want to keep some notes about the author or origin of the poem, or where you heard the poem.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that poem you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
Thanks for your support of great poetry, and good luck!
免費玩Great Poets Vol2 APP玩免費
免費玩Great Poets Vol2 App