• Acne is a medical disease which requires treatment.
• If left untreated, acne may have a profound psychological and emotional impact.
• Pathogenesis of acne is multifactorial which includes increased sebum production,
Propionibacterium acnes proliferation, altered follicular keratinisation & inflammation.
• A low glycaemic load diet and high fibre diet should be encouraged for acne patients.
• Aims of acne management are to induce clearance of lesions, maintain remission and
prevent relapse, physical and psychological complications.
• Comprehensive Acne Severity Scale (CASS) may be used for grading of acne severity
in clinical practice.
• Topical therapy is the mainstay of treatment for mild and moderate acne.
• Oral antibiotics may be used as treatment for moderate to severe acne, but should not
be used for more than six months.
• Maintenance treatment should be commenced after an initial successful induction
therapy to sustain remission.
• Oral isotretinoin should only be prescribed by dermatologist.
免費玩KKM / BKP QR Acne APP玩免費
免費玩KKM / BKP QR Acne App