McPatho is the second windows phone application published under the series “Medical Calculators”. It calculates the following for adults (age 19 and above).
1. Mean Corpuscular Volume, (MCV)
• It is a measure of the average red blood cell size.
• To calculate the MCV, expressed in femtoliters (fL), the following formula is used: 10 x hematocrit (%) divided by RBC count (millions/mm3).
• The normal range for MCV is: 80-96 fL.
2. Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin, (MCH)
• It is the average mass of hemoglobin per red blood cell in a sample of blood.
• It is calculated by dividing the total mass of hemoglobin by the number of red blood cells in a volume of blood.
• A normal value is 27 to 33 pico grams/cell.
3. Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration, (MCHC)
• It is a measure of the concentration of hemoglobin in a given volume of packed red blood cells.
• It is calculated by dividing the hemoglobin by the hematocrit.
• A normal value is 33 to 36 g/dl.
4. Packed Cell Volume, (PCV)
• It is also called Hematocrit (HCT) or Erythrocyte Volume Fraction (EVF)
• It is the percentage (%) of the concentration of red blood cells in blood.
• It is normally about 45% for men and 40% for women.
免費玩Patho Calculator APP玩免費
免費玩Patho Calculator App
|香港 Hong Kong||Windows|