Philadelphia (/ˌfɪləˈdɛlfiə/) is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The city is located in the Northeastern United States and it lies about 80 miles (130 km) southwest of New York City. It is the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, with a 2010 U.S. Census estimated population of 1,526,006. Popular nicknames for Philadelphia are Philly and The City of Brotherly Love, the latter of which comes from the literal meaning of the city's name in Greek, compounded from philos (φίλος) "loving", and adelphos (ἀδελφός) "brother").
Philadelphia was founded on October 27, 1682 by William Penn. During the American Revolution, Philadelphia played an instrumental role as a meeting place for the Founding Fathers of the United States, who signed the nation's Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 and the Constitution on September 17, 1787.
This colorful and comprehensive tourist guide to Philadelphia makes exploring the tourist attractions of this historic city easy and fun.
- A map with easy access to all major attractions and your current location
- Comprehensive information about every attraction
- More than 230 photos
- Easy access to the web sites of all city attractions
- Exact prices, opening hours, and other practical information
New in v1.1:
- Added the Please Touch Museum and the Franklin Institute (thank you, Jay Sklaroff!)
免費玩Philadelphia Guide APP玩免費
免費玩Philadelphia Guide App