Walk the Walk came into being 16 years ago when just 13 women Power Walked the New York City Marathon in their bras to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. What started out as a one-off fundraising event, has blossomed into a thriving multi-million pound charity, raising to date in excess of £83 million for vital breast cancer causes.
So now we’ve built our very own app just for you to help raise funds.
The WalktheWalk app is for you to use to shout about your efforts, promote your donation page/text number along with keeping your friends and family informed of your location throughout your training and the big event!
You can also see other walkers tweets and cheer them all the way to the finish line!
- Tweet or post all information automatically.
- Include a link in to your fundraising donation page.
- Include your fundraising donation text number.
- Include a link to your location, pace, distance, time.
- Updates to Twitter and Facebook.
- People see your efforts live and encourages donations.
- Supporters at the event can track your progress.
- Supporters on social networks can track & cheer you on.
- No requirement for supporters to register.
- Runs alongside your other training apps.
- Not specific to any event and can be used day to day.
- Link to your location opens maps.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
WalktheWalk is very easy to set up and will send updates at a frequency of your choice of either time or distance.
Promoting your donation page doesn’t stop when the walk starts......
Powered by: www.miles4charity.co.uk