XELA Sky Map shows the realistic sky picture on your mobile phone. Just point your phone at the sky to identify constellations, stars, planets and observe Sun and Moon. The program features include:
- The brightest stars seen with naked eye.
- Sun, Moon and Planets.
- Names of constellations and stars.
- Equatorial grid and horizon line with cardinal directions.
- The usage of compass, accelerometer and the location service of your phone to demonstrate you the realistic sky.
- Just tip on the screen to get the information about the sky object – the app will redirect you to the corresponding wiki page.
- For the planets, Moon, and Sun, the program calculates the actual distance from the Earth (in km. for Moon, and in astronomical units for the planets and Sun).
- The angle of view is set to 15 degrees for simplicity. Just use the pinch gesture to increase or decrease the angle of view.
- Version 1.1: Night Mode is added, trial version is added.
- Version 2.0: Compass support is added, link to the wiki pages for the sky objects is added.
- Version 2.1: Bug with a height calculation is fixed
- Version 2.2: Geo Satellites are added