A circular walk from Port Gaverne around Port Isaac Bay to Barretts Zawn where a tunnel leads to the beach, through which donkeys used to haul slate.
The walk starts from Port Isaac car park and goes down the hill to Port Gaverne, then around the headland where fulmars nest on the rock ledges, to where the cliff edge meets the lane at Cartway Cove. The walk follows the coast along Bounds Cliff to the deep ravine at Ranie Point and on to Barretts Zawn. The route follows the valley inland to the farm at Hendra and returns to Port Gaverne along the lane.
- Historic settlement of Port Gaverne which predates Port Isaac
- Sandy beach at low tide at Port Gaverne
- Spectacular panoramic views over Port Isaac Bay from the coast path
- Nice views over Barrett's Zawn beach
- "Donkey Hole" - a hidden tunnel to Barrett's Zawn beach (entry not recommended)
- Local food and drink at Port Gaverne hotel (pub and restaurant)
- Return route along pleasant country lanes lined with wildflowers in spring and summer
iWalk apps provide a self-guided “SatNav” walk experience, providing detailed directions and factual information based on your current location.
- Tracks your location using the GPS receiver on your phone or tablet, providing real-time information as you follow the walk route.
- Gives you directions based on your current location, with a beep/vibrate notification when there’s a new direction for you to follow.
- Gives you information about points of interest along the walk, again based on your current location.
- Once downloaded onto your phone or tablet, the apps don’t need an internet connection to run.
- Gives you an accurate map of the walk route and surrounding area, showing where you are on it and which way you are facing.
- Warns you if you wander off the walk route.
- Tells you how far you’ve walked and how far you have left to go.
免費玩iWalk Pt Gaverne-Barretts Zawn APP玩免費
免費玩iWalk Pt Gaverne-Barretts Zawn App